Monday, June 13, 2011

First Impressions - Day 255 - Seattle, WA

On Monday, I flew from Dulles International to Seattle, a distance of 2269 statute miles.  This was the first that I have flown from sea to shining sea.  The weather was perfect and the five hour nonstop flight was ontime.

Upon arrival, I drove down to Outer Reef's office on Lake Union to see the 63.  I was not disappointed.

First view of "our" 63





After boarding the boat and walking around the decks (as the boat was locked), I went to their office and introduced myself to Dick Sproul, the on site manager.  We chatted for a few minutes and then I left to pick up my friend, Darrel Peters, at the Seattle Airport.

Model of the 63 in Outer Reef's Seattle office
Darrel and I then proceeded back to the boat for a quick outside tour and then on to McCormick and Schmick's restaurant on Lake Union for a great dinner.

Tomorrow the survey process begins.

Written by Les.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping our fingers crossed for a smooth transaction - the boat looks BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete