Monday, May 18, 2015

Views of Hingham & Hull

Our docking situation definitely improved this year owing to now having the T-dock of "I."  The "T" is the end dock and, unlike a slip, which has boats on either side, the "T" is on the water.






That translates into 270 degrees of spectacular unrestricted views.

Looking west toward Bear Cove from the aft deck
Sunset view

Looking northwest toward Tern Cove Marina

Looking east toward the ferry dock

Looking southwest at J-dock

South southwest view looking toward Stodder's Park

Southeast view of the marina, condos, restaurants and mall

North view of condos in Weymouth directly across the main channel
For more information on Hingham refer to my May 22, 2014 article "Hingham Adventures: Connecting and Reconnecting."

The other place that is special for me is Hull, where I spent my summers from age 5 to 20.  Yesterday (Sunday), I launched the tender and zoomed (30 MPH) over to Hull to visits my cousins Myrna and Kenny.
Approaching the gas dock at Sunset Bay Marina at low tide

A Street Pier, where I hung out as a kid
(Today, a shadow of its former self)
Sea Dog Restaurant at Sunset Bay Marina

The A-Street Pier at low tide
A-Street Pier with an incoming tide


Low tide on Hull Bay
Same view as above with an incoming tide
Here are views as I approached Hingham Shipyard and the marina on the way back from Hull.

Hingham Shipyard townhomes from a distance

Approaching Hingham Shipyard Marinas
(The smoke stack is from WWII)
Approaching Guided Discovery on the "T" of I-Dock
Written by Les.



1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful seeing the two of you at your summer home in Hingham last week. It's amazing that not too long ago, I had seen you in Sarasota. Hope you have a wonderful summer season. Looking forward to my next visit. Cheers - Marc Fidanza

    ReplyDelete